Monday, April 20, 2009

Just a Thought...

Okay, so I know I have over blogged today but it has just been one of those days!! Sorry! Well on top of having a rough day with the hospital to changing things with Brynlee. A friend made a comment that has just been really under my skin and I have to get thru this off my chest. just because I am not doing things the traditional way doesn't mean I am any different from any other mom, right? I am sorry if you don't agree with me or don't understand why I am doing what I am doing. I am sorry if you feel that it is inconvient for you & yours. But this is my life. NO ONE ELSES! You are supposed to be my best friend, no matter what. You can disagree with me that's fine but you are still supposed to support me and be there for me. I've stood by you and put up with you choosing your man over your best friend. But I was still there when you needed me.

So, the comment may not have been exactly meant how it was said but it was still said. I may be overacting but this is why I am blogging it so I can get it off my chest and move on. So, I was asked "why are you having a baby shower, you dont need one, you have everything" Let me say this... I don't have someone who will buy me the big things like a bed & car seat. I have to do that myself. I had to get these things before my daughter comes home. I could not wait till I have a baby shower, I don't want my friends to feel pressured to buy these large things. I don't see why it is a big deal that I want a baby shower even though I bought her bed & car seat as well as recieved some clothes. I did not get a baby shower with my son because we were unsure of how things were going to happen and wether or not he was going to stay with me. So, I did everything on my own with him. So, I feel I deserve a baby shower just as every other mother, biological or adoptive. Another thing that bothers me is, I don't expect you to throw my baby shower but considering I threw yours I would at least like you to seem interested or offer to help with anything. I understand you have a new baby and all so I would never dream of putting you in a financial situation that you can not handle right now. But hey offer to help with something. Even baby shower invites but no nothing from you. It just disappoints me!!

Okay, I also want to thank Kayla, Candie, Amber, Christie, Tammy & Samantha for continuing to support me and check on Brynlee. I truly have been blessed with some great friends who will never know how much the truly mean to me! I am forever grateful to have each of you in my life, as well, as my kids lives.

No comments: