Monday, May 4, 2009

It's My Birthday!

Today is My Birthday!! Who would have thought I would be a mommy of 2 amazingly beautiful kids by my 26th Birthday! God works in some mysterious ways sometimes! Well alot has happened since I last blogged. Last Monday, Miss Brynlee came home finally :) Her first night was a little rough adjusting to being in this big world! She was sheltered for 1st 22 days of her life! But she has settled in nicely! I stayed home for work Monday & Tuesday & Thursday. Oh how I wish I could be a stay at home mom!

Thursday, we had a busy day. Kolton had his 15 month check-up, a little late I know. He is doing great. He is just shy of 2'8'' and weighs 24.5lbs. He is such a growing little boy. At his check up he recieved 2 shots, which he was not the least bit happy about! I've never seen him cry that much during his shots. Poor baby!! He was ready to get out of there. As soon as he was off the table, he was heading to the door!

Brynlee had a check-up at the same time as well! She is doing really good. Her pedi was pleased with how she was looking and said there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about!! She weighed 8lbs 6ozs. I believe 3 or so ozs of that was her bottle she just ate. But she is gaining weight good. Although, looking at her you would never believe she weighed over 8lbs. She was 20 3/4 in. which means she gained 1/4 in since being born!

After the doctor's appointments and WIC we went to Alvarado to see Candie at work. She is such a beautiful pregnant mommy!! We can't wait for Baby Rylee to make her arrival! Candie has a 4 year old daughter and she still had all her bedding for Katie's Nursery. She is letting Brynlee use it!! Miss Rylee's daddy doesn't want so much pink..LOL! I am so grateful to have such good friends. I love the bed set and can't wait to get it set-up. We also got Miss Katie's toddler bed for Kolton. We are going to make the transistion tonight! I think he is ready and can't wait to get it all set up!

Speaking of great friends, Candie is also helping my mom with my baby shower! Which is awesome!! I can the true mommy experience because if it was just my mom I would have be doing most of everything. I love my mom more than anything, but party planning is just not one of her strong suits! So, if I forget to say it often, THANK YOU SO MUCH CANDIE!

I have been scrapbooking more with my friend Kayla. I love to scrap! Although one page is a long process for me. I have to many ideas and never the exactly right thing to go with the picture. I am so behind on Kolton's book and now I have Brynlee's book to start! Its just overwhelming sometimes! But, I will get them done!! I am hoping to have our next scrap night at my house this time. Since, it's a little harder to travel with 2 kids and lots of scrapbook stuff :)

I will end this post with a saying I found on...

“You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back.” - William D. Tammeus

1 comment:

Momma Russell said...

Happy Birthday Orange... I guess I should quit calling you that... It's gonna start to confuse people...! I'm so proud of you for what your doing for Kolton and Brynlee, if every kid born into their situation could be so lucky, could you imagine?!?! I can't wait for your shower!! And I hope you get good use of Kate's stuff, they grow so fast it's wasteful not to pass it on!

Love you girl!